St John’s Hill is looking very Christamassy with all the trees lit along the street and the festivities are starting to kick in. At the Canteen, we’ve already hosted a bunch of Crimbo parties, and we have plenty more coming up – if you want to have yours here, then click here for details of our menus. Or keep it casual and simply pop in for a mince pie, from the Bad Boys Bakery in Brixton Prison, and a Gluhwein (pimp it with a shot of Amaretto to feel extra festive).
If you’re looking for a different sort of Christmas then you must come to our Tropical Christmas dinner on the 19th – we’ve teamed up with Yummy Choo who runs Mauritian Supper Clubs, it’s going to be quite an event, especially with 2 cocktails included in the ticket price!
In other hot news – Sunday Roasts are back! Join us from 12 on Sunday for roast beef and roast chicken (our normal brunch menu is also be available).
Below is a little list of what else is going down over the weekend and coming up…
- Friday: we’re very much open for brunch but we are closed in the evening for a private party, sorry about that but do come and join us for the rest of the weekend.
- Our kitchen is now open all day, come and chill on the hill and join us for brunch, dinner and drinks from 9am. Note, dinner now starts at 5pm.
- If you do join us for an early dinner then you can get a little extra value with our 2 courses for £20 and a free glass of wine (available from 5-7pm).
- And for those of you who don’t do early, our kitchen is also open later now on Fridays & Saturdays, you can get some munch bunch until 11pm.
- Sunday Roasts are back in the Canteen – join us on for roast beef or chicken from 12pm (note we run the normal brunch menu alongside it).
- You should also try out some of our new cocktails, our Bacon Bourbon Old Fashioned has just been featured in GQ Magazine, we’re also big fans of our Sipsmith Sloe Gin Negroni and the Damson in Distress (with Damson Vodka).
- We’ve started a movement to make your weekend last a little bit longer; the Sunday Night Saver - get any of our burgers or sandwiches for a tenner.
- Still looking to organise a Christmas party? Check out our menus, starting from £15 per person. We do still have some availability, especially for lunch.
- We’re now serving Allpress Coffee, absolutely top notch stuff, and for tea fans we now serve We Are Tea, like our coffee, it’s top drawer and helps to make our brunch the best in SW London – join us from 9am each day.
- Speaking of brunch, have you picked up your midweek loyalty card yet?
- In need of a present? Check out the Colporter pop-up and Flights of Nancy bags too – leave the Canteen with a full tum and some awesome pieces for your home.
- Something to bust the January blues; Ryan Stafford will be Mixing It Up at Ben’s Canteen on the 23rd Jan. Ryan is a former Masterchef: The Professionals finalist and super talented – check out his menu and booking details here.