Whatever the weather this weekend we are here to make sure you are fed and watered with top notch British food, lovely wines (including English ones) and some cracking craft beers from small brewers such as The Kernel and local lads Sambrook’s.
Here’s what’s going down at the Canteen…
- To celebrate our burger being named as one of the Top 10 in London we made a film of it being made - click here to watch. We serve it all day on Saturday and Sunday so you’ve got plenty of time to come and take it on.
- Time and Leisure just nominated us as one of London’s best local restaurants, if you like us then would you be so terribly kind as to vote for us here?!
- Also, Ben just got interviewed by our friends at Le Cool, click here to read the interview.
- Our Sunday Roast is super tasty. We serve it from 2pm every Sunday. Enjoy Roast Orkney Beef, Pork Belly or Roasted Chicken with roasties, cauliflower cheese and broccoli, greens, root veg mash and yorkies.
- To add to our British food, done well ethos and British beers we’ve added a selection of English wines (British wines means something else), including a cracking sparkling by Chapel Down. Come and run the rule over them this weekend and let us know what you think.
- We recently introduced a Retro Lunch menu, served from 12pm to 4pm Mon-Fri. Our current favourite from the menu is the chicken in a basket – you can actually eat the basket! Don’t forget we also serve brunch every day, not just at the weekends.
- If you haven’t experienced our All Day Breakfast Scotch Egg then you need to change that this weekend. Like the burger it’s served all day. It got 5 stars from the leading light on Scotch Eggs - it’s a serious orb.
- In our opinion brunch should be accompanied by Bloody Mary’s, have you tried ours yet? We use Sipsmith Vodka, they’re based in Hammersmith and it’s lovely stuff.
- On the subject of local booze, we make our cheesecake using Powerhouse Porter from local brewers Sambrook’s. It might sound a bit odd, making a cheesecake from beer, but blimey it tastes good.
- Oh by the way, Monday is St George’s Day – to celebrate we’re doing a free pint offer, click here for deets.