This week has been a busy one at the Canteen, we agreed a tie up with the Wandsworth Foodbank (click here for details) and we released a little film our friend made to show off the Canteen and St John’s Hill at night.
We also released details of our £15 menu for The Fabulous Feast, a week long food and drink festival on St John’s Hill (Battersea’s best street).
Anyways, on to the weekend! Come try our new Spring Brunch. We’ve added smashed avocado on toast with a poached egg (and we seriously recommend adding spicy chorizo to this magic combo), mushrooms on toast with truffle oil and a fried egg and a pair of new salads. Hit up the Canteen this weekend, give them a whirl and let us know what you think by clicking here. Don’t forget if you Instagram them then you can score yourself a free Bloody Mary.
Talking of Blood Mary’s we’ve made a video of our Sipsmith Classic Bloody Mary - click here to learn how we make it. We’ve also added a couple of new drinks, inject some Italian style into brunch with an Aperol Spritz or force yourself back into the game with our Hair of the Dog.
Of course, the weekend isn’t just about brunch…
- Get involved with our cocktails. A pre or post dinner Old Fashioned always sounds good to us whilst the girls at the Canteen love the Damson in Distress (Damson Vodka, Prosecco & Cranberry) and the Vanilla & Chilli Caprioska is a firm staff favourite.
- Our range of dirty burgers are proving so popular that MSN Food recently named us as one of the Top 21 Burger places in the UK. We don’t just do burgers though, we’ve got some lighter bites such as a Mackerel Nicoise salad and the Benny Benny Chicken which is a carb free number.
- Dinner now starts early, join us from 5pm and on Fridays and Saturdays the kitchen is open until 11pm, meaning you can join us for late night bites.
- Book in for an early dinner, from 5-7pm and we’ll give you some extra value in the shape of a free glass of wine and 2 courses for £18.
- And check out our new wine list, which includes some left field (but awesome) choices such as Portuguese, Croatian and Lebanese wine, and a seriously top notch Greek wine (Hedgehog) which is like a Barolo, alongside the more expected.
- Make your weekend last longer by joining us for the Sunday Night Saver - all burgers and sandwiches for a flat tenner, that’ll help banish the Sunday night blues.
- Also, if you Instagram your food, or drink, at the Canteen then you can get a free dessert or Bloody Mary, click here for details.
And other stuff,
- Join us every Tuesday for 2-4-1 Cocktails.
- Feed your hunger every Wednesday with Ribs Night.
- For ANZAC day, our resident Kiwi, Caroline, is running her Kiwi Chicken K-Fry. Book now.
- We’ve launched a loyalty card - join the Midweek Brunch Club and get money off your bill.
- Shortlist magazine have rated the BC Burger as one of the best in the UK, we’re rather chuffed. And, we’re now using a new burger bun, so we reckon it’s better than ever.
- We want to host your party! Got a celebration coming up? Talk to us about private hiring some or all of the Canteen for your event - click here for more info.